Start a new topic
Solved

Greeting Card Factory deluxe 9

I purchased this in all good faith, I have used earlier versions on my old computer but since getting a new one I thought - why not!

What a mistake I made it has taken me around 7 attempts to download the main disc, I have no idea if it has registered or not. The subsidiary disc just does nothing, it opens it does not download and if I try to open any of the files it refuses to let me indicating that it is for use with Greeting Card factory.

I have asked to return as not fit for purpose but this has been refused since I have opened the box. 

Top and bottom is I can no longer access the cards I have saved on my hard drive (transferred) and I cannot use the disc.

The graphics I can access are a load or rubbing as there are no pictures just bits and the fonts are basic.

I am at the point that I would like to drop it in the bin but why should I after paying so much money for it.   I run Windows 10 and I am computer literate.

1 Comment

Hello Elizabeth,
thank you for posting on Avanquest UK forum webpage.

Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 9 is designed to work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 computer operating systems, please run Windows Update (http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/check-for-updates-in-windows-10.20/) and apply all Important and optional updates (excluding language packs) available for your computer's system. When installation is completed, shut down (do not restart it) the computer. Upon booting up check for Windows Updates again, apply if any. Also make sure antivirus program database is updated to its latest release.

Then clean the disc surface with a soft cloth and insert it into the optical drive of the computer. Wait for the protection software to scan all files (it may take 15-20 minutes as there are more than 170,000 files, you will still hear the disc spinning) or disable it to allow all content to be immediately released for exploring. Browse disc’s content and copy it all into folder on computer's local hard disc. Initiate installation by executing the setup file as Administrator - click here to read about.

Fully updated Windows 10 comes equipped with this great feature to run older software in compatibility mode, see this article here for detailed information. Try to troubleshoot the program in order to run under Windows 10. Alternatively install and utilise Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 9 software on suitable computer configuration.

Kind regards,
Avanquest Support team

Login or Signup to post a comment