Start a new topic
Answered

Walls of brick, block or timber?

I am using the 3D ‘Framing’ rendering style to view the details of my project. I want to see the roof timbers and the walls.  Some walls are rendering as hollow stud walls (timber) and others are rendering as solid blockwork. I want them all to be blockwork. How do I make my stud walls into block walls?

Andy Lydon

Best Answer

Hello and thank you for posting this question.

In 3D Framing Rending mode are visualised only walls and roofs framing stud skeletons.

Retaining walls (block walls) available in Landscape tab aren’t visible in 3D Framing Rending view.

In a wall Properties setting the stud spacing to minimum (50 mm) will render solid wall as a result in 3D Framing Rending view. Increase the spacing to over 100 mm to see stud wall.

Kind regards,
Support Architect 3D

Answer

Hello and thank you for posting this question.

In 3D Framing Rending mode are visualised only walls and roofs framing stud skeletons.

Retaining walls (block walls) available in Landscape tab aren’t visible in 3D Framing Rending view.

In a wall Properties setting the stud spacing to minimum (50 mm) will render solid wall as a result in 3D Framing Rending view. Increase the spacing to over 100 mm to see stud wall.

Kind regards,
Support Architect 3D

to this point: is it possible to define timber with rising altitude such as roof timber (so not horizontal timber)? Bernhard Müller

Hello Bernhard,

thank you for posting this excellent question on Architect 3D forum.

Wood and steel framing can be viewed only on horizontal floors and ceilings, vertical walls, pitched roof slopes and stairway cases. This option is availalbe in 3D view screen, next to the icon ilustrating a house > select Framing rendering (first option)

Frame support columns, beams and joints can only be drwan horisontally and vertically. When drawing framing joints on horisontal framing areas use the Framing plan on the toolbar. Select the angle for the joints using this option availalbe in framing properties.

Kind regards,
Architect 3D Support

Login or Signup to post a comment