Start a new topic
Solved

Fix-It on Microsoft Surface Pro 3

I have purchased Fi-It Utilities Pro and want to install it on my computers, Licence allows 5.My Surface Pro 3 tablet running Windows 10 will not run the software, I get the following Message:

Startup Commander was unable to read configuration for drivers. These areas will not be available.

THen

Fix-It Utilities has stopped working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found.

Does this mean that the software is incompatible with this computer, or is there something that I need to do to allow the software to run?

1 Comment

Dear Stephen, thank you for posting this question on Avanquest forum webpage.

Please follow these steps below to replace software dynamic library file, then continue using the software as before:

1. Next to the clock in the lower right corner of the screen click the system tray icon with the spanner then select option Shut down SystemSuite/Fix-It Utilities

2. Replace the StartupCommanderEngine.dll file located in the application install directory (default location on 32-bit system type is C:\ProgramFiles\Avanquest\SystemSuite\ or C:\ProgramFiles\Avanquest\Fix-It Utilities\) with this one here (this dynamic library file isn't common to transfer over the Internet, so conventional Internet browsers may report it as dangerous. Please keep the file anyway in order to amend the corrupt one.)

3. Reboot the PC

This should help the software to persist working normally.

In case you need further assistance please contact Avanquest technical support team by sending direct email to supportuk@avanquest.com or submit ticket on the portal.

Kind regards,
Avanquest Support team

Login or Signup to post a comment