Start a new topic
Solved

How to use SmartScan ?

Just wondered if you could help me out.
I purchased your smartScan portable scanner in December for a Christmas present.
I cannot find out how to use it, and wondered if you could advise me. I am using windows 8 and want to scan direct to my computer. The instructions in the box are so small to read.
I have had quite a few items off you last year and have found them easy to use,  but the scanner very difficult.
I hope you can help me.

Hello Bernard,

thank you for posting this question on Avanquest 

Insert formatted MicroSD or MicroSDHC card into the appropriate slot of the scanner.

Then start the scanner by pressing on the silver button - SCAN

While in flat position drag the scanner through document (up to A4 size, regardless if the paper is coloured or black and white). Move the scanner from top to bottom in normal constant speed. While the scanner is in scanning mode there will be green sign in the middle of the display confirming that.
Once you've done scanning the page press on the SCAN button again to save the image in the card.

After you finish working with smartScan take out the card and plug it into computer or use the USB cable provided in the set to connect the scanner to computer then transfer all scanner images to save, edit or share.

Kind regards,

Avanquest Support

I have just received the smartscan pro w4s and do not know how to insert the batteries.

can you advise please? 

Hello Bernard,
thank you for posting this question on Avanquest UK forum webpage.

smartScan Pro is powered by 4 AAA alkaline batteries or directly through the USB cable.

Open the battery compartment by sliding the plastic door located on the top of the unit, insert the batteries in the correct orientation and close the door back firmly.

Switch on the unit and scan pictures, documents, newspapers, magazines, business cards and other.

All the best,
Avanquest Support 

Login or Signup to post a comment