Start a new topic
Solved

TurboCAD 20 Deluxe Start Problems

Got TC20 Deluxe on Disc from Amazon.

Appeared to load OK on Windows 10 PC

Click on Icon to Open it up and the only thing that appears is the display for choosing which file I want to open.

I click on one (previously drawn using TC11 Deluxe on Windows 7 PC ), click Open, display disappears and no TC20 on screen - its back on my desktop display.

Any suggestions?

1 Comment

Hello Christopher,
thank you for posting your message on Avanquest forum webpage.

On Windows 10 Professional (and Enterprise) version, please run Windows Update (http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/check-for-updates-in-windows-10.20/) and apply all Important and optional updates (excluding language packs) available for your computer's system. When installation is completed, shut down (do not restart it) the computer. Upon booting up check for Windows Updates again, apply if any. Also make sure antivirus program database is updated to its latest release.

The initial startup screen of TurobCAD provides option to create new drawing, see the image below:

StartUpPage.png

By default, you will open a *.tcw file. Use this list if you want to open a file of a different format. Some formats have a Setup in which you can set certain parameters for conversion. If you do not specify conversion parameters, the defaults will be used.

I recommend you to use the 32-bit version of TurboCAD even if the computer configuration runs with 64-bit operating system. You won't feel any difference in the performance of the software. Also start TurboCAD by clicking with the right-hand-side mouse button on top of the shortcut icon on the desktop and select option Run as Administrator. Then open an existing drawing. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Avanquest Support

Login or Signup to post a comment