Message displayed : StartupCommander was unable to read configuration for drivers. These areas will not be available.
Hello Martyn, thank you for posting on Avanquest UK forum.
Please remove Fix It Utilities from the list of installed programs in Control Panel, restart the computer at the end and when Windows loads back up go to Control Panel again call the complete list of installed programs and look for any trace of any McAfee software.
Remove it if present.
I am sending you a step-by-step guide which you need to follow in order to upgrade to the latest version of Fix It Utilities.
1. Remove the currently installed Fix-It Utilities from the Control Panel: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall Program > Find Fix-It Utilities and Uninstall it.
2. Download our official tool which will remove the residual files from your previous installation: http://downloads.vcom.com/products/downloads/VcomCleanUp.exe (click on the link)
3. Run the clean-up tool, after that you will be asked to reboot your computer, please do the reboot.
4. Download the latest version of Fix-It from our official website, but DO NOT run it yet: http://downloads.vcom.com/products/downloads/Fix-It_Professional_ENU_signed.exe (click on the link)
5. Turn off/Deactivate any installed Anti-virus/Security software on the computer. (Skip this step if you don't have one, but please double-check so there are no restrictions between your computer and our servers during the activation)
6. Turn off the Windows Firewall: (Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Turn Windows Firewall on or off > Mark the options: 'Turn OFF Windows Firewall both for Home or work network location settings' and 'Public network location settings'.)
7. Right click on the downloaded 'Fix-It_Professional_ENU_signed.exe' installation file and then click 'Run as Administrator'.
8. Proceed with the installation and enter your current licence number
If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact us as we will be happy to provide you with a solution!
Hello again Martyn,
according to the topic of this post, please refer to the following FAQ article here.
Sadly I'm unable to reproduce the same scenario so please let us know the outcome after going tough the article.
Having the same issue. Used the instructions above 3 times and still cannot resolve it.
thank you for posting this comment on Avanquet UK forum.
Please close the software and download the dynamic link library mentioned in this article here then copy and replace the one existent in software's installation folder.
Avanquest support team
Files not supported by Norton Security
I bought two files that were not supported by Norton Security
thank you for posting this statement on Avanquest UK forum webpage.
It is normal reaction of computer's protection software (in this case Norton Security) to prevent downloading dynamic library file from the Internet. Such files aren't normally distributed over the Internet in such form.
As exclusion to this, please let the protection software to allow this file to download, because you know the source. Then carry on with the rest of the steps and amend the corrupted .dll file.
All the best,
Avanquest support team